November 12, 2009

my favorite mag

There's nothing I enjoy more than looking through magazines. Especially when it's one of my favorites. Jalouse is definitely one of the best. Unfortunately it is en francais, which is the main reason I don't think it gets more attention. The fashion spreads are always beautiful and very different from anything you'd ever see in Vogue (French or American) and the accessories spreads are to die for. Plus they always have a cool music issue that is full of unknown European artists.

I just saw that they have a pretty cool blog/website: jalougallery. Also in French, unfortunately! But worth looking at for the pictures, at the very least. And I think if you've taken a least a couple years of any Romance language, you can figure out what the main points are. I could always make my way through Italian Vogue despite never studying Italian. (Example: "Ungaro: un desastre" -- easy enough to translate that one!)

However the print issue of Jalouse is definitely worth seeking out. Even the ads are worth looking at.

No comments:

Post a Comment