May 28, 2010

long absence

so yes I have been neglecting my blog lately. not only did I spend last week in NYC, but I'm also in the midst of a massive home renovation which takes up all of my time. And the only things I end up being inspired by are plumbing fixtures, lighting, furniture, you get the idea.

that said, I am going to take a little sojourn into home interiors for a while. Maybe feature several of my favorite designers or inspiration blogs in addition to the plumbing fixtures etc.

to start it off, i have to showcase the one item that i am determined MUST be part of this home: VOLA plumbing fixtures. Designed in the 60s by Arne Jacobsen - the Danish mastermind behind the Egg chair, the Swan chair, the Ant chair and several other one-word items, VOLA has had the same design for 50 years and counting. Talk about timeless.

These are the faucets for the 3 new bathrooms in my house.

Vola_111_kit

Vola_1511
Vola_KV1

And this is the ridiculously beautiful (and ridiculously expensive) tub filler for the master bath.

Vola_FS1
Check out more here: Vola

No comments:

Post a Comment