June 1, 2010

madewell

So on my recent shopping trip to NYC, I scored at J.Crew's less ruffle-y sister brand, Madewell. My bounty included: perfect-fitting tight black ankle jeans, loose cuffed boyfriend jeans, two great striped tops, a cute plaid button-up and these awesome cropped black leggings with a gold zipper detail at the bottom. And my total was amazingly under $500. At Barneys, it wouldn't have even been under the $1000 mark.

Well I have been a little forlorn wearing any of these great items since there is no Madewell store here in Portland and none of the stuff has been available online (with the exception of a smattering at shopbop). ... Until now! what a nice surprise that Madewell's online store has just opened!

Check it out here: Madewell. And don't be put off by the kind of cheesy black&white photos. I think they are still working out the kinks on their image. Trust me, the clothes are good, both the fit and quality, and not a million dollars.

Here are a couple of my scores:

Zip Leggings (only $35!)

Screen shot 2010-06-01 at 2.10.31 PM

skinny black ankle jeans

Madewell_blkjeans

boyish but sexy plaid shirt

Madewell_plaidshirt



basic black&white striped tee

Madewell_stripedtee



another striped tee but I bought it in red

Screen shot 2010-06-01 at 2.16.39 PM

And I love these shorts too. Might have to place a "small" summer order.

No comments:

Post a Comment