July 23, 2010

feeling tomboy

sorry for the lapse in posting lately. I think I felt like no one was reading...but I heard that some are. So I guess I should be more attentive. I am working (mentally) on some new and exciting posts that are yet to come but in the meantime....

I have been inundated with emails from all those lauding their new Fall collections. Since I am knee-deep in a house renovation I have tried to simply window-shop. While window-shopping, I fell hard for all the new tomboy stuff out there, and at affordable places like Urban and J.Crew. The latter is really nailing it lately. So I picked a couple of items from their Fall preview that are very boy and very decidedly not your typical frou-frou J.Crew.

Jcrew_tomboy

I love this monochromatic look. I have been unconsciously dressing in all one color lately. I thought maybe it was because I have an overabundance of navy and black. Now apparently it's a trend. I love how the manly tie is paired with super tight khaki pants.

Jcrew_tomboy2

While this is a totally weird outfit (and picture), I love the shirt. I love pullover henleys - they are not done more often. This shirt is straight up APC at half the price (and probably better quality - sorry, APC.)

Jcrewtomboy_3

Okay maybe this doesn't fall into the tomboy category, but I really like this dress. You might have to look like a model for it to be flattering but it's really plain while having clean and simple lines at the same time.

Screen shot 2010-07-23 at 11.18.07 PM

And to end, a very cute "accessory" piece as I see it: this grey merino vest. The outfit is no good but styled in a different way, with skinny jeans or the dress above (in black) with Isabel Marant ankle boots or gladiator sandals or clog boots and it's an outfit-making item.

Everything is from jcrew's new fall arrivals.

No comments:

Post a Comment