May 23, 2013

Cannes and Carey Mulligan

1 - Dior at the premiere of Gatsby

This year at the Cannes Film Festival almost everybody looked absolutely stunning on the red carpet but none more so than Carey Mulligan.  I recently saw Baz Luhrmann's adaptation of "The Great Gatsby." While I didn't love the film, the imagery was amazing, as was Carey Mulligan's place - as Daisy Buchanan - in the glorious images. And I thought she brought a bit of that same magic and sleekness to her looks at Cannes, and she had quite a few of them with two films to promote. Every outfit was simple and stunning. And her super bleached, yet simple hair made every look. I also really liked how each hairstyle has a strong part, even if her hair is worn up.

 2 - Balenciaga jumpsuit at the photocall for "Gatsby"


3 - Chloe dress at photocall for "Inside Llewyn Davis"

 4 - this Vionnet gown in my opinion is the best


No comments:

Post a Comment