January 26, 2014

Back Blogging: Isabel Marant Dempster / Delma Coat






Isabel Marant's SS2014 collection is Japan-inspired and I sort of forgot about this when I was in Seattle over the holidays. While shopping at Totokaelo, I browsed through the IM rack only to spot a very puffy looking kimono-style patchwork coat. Where did this come from? Oh right - Spring product is already here. I instantly moved on and did not even indulge myself enough to try it on --also because I am well aware of my own limitations. Trying it on is akin to purchasing. And since my New Year's resolution involved spending less money on clothes and shoes, ignoring amazing Isabel Marant pieces seemed kind of an essential part of keeping that resolution.


Which would have been no problem - except this coat is now turning up on everyone. Truly - Emmanuelle Alt is kind of everyone. And then when I see the image on Pinterest over and over, rubbing it in and then even on everywoman street style shots from Garance Dore...somehow next step is me filling daydreams with how to justify it.  So to try to keep my resolution or at least to make myself blog more, this week I'll be posting my spring IM want list, the Delma / Dempster Isabel Marant Etoile coat included (By the way, it is named different things depending on the site, think it is Dempster though).


Also - I am aware that this coat is extremely hard to wear, puffy and all, and not nearly worth the $795 price. But if you are Emmanuelle Alt-like enough to pull this off and of course not completely deterred by the price, it is still available at Totokaelo and in limited sizes at La Garconne.

2 comments:

  1. The Dempster jacket is the shorter version- by 6 inches. Delma is more of a coat. Depends what you are looking for. I think the Dempster is going to be better for spring. Then again if you are tall the proportion on the Delma is better. It's a great piece and well worth the price because it is so cozy and fun to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the info, Jenna! i tried the Delma on recently and it was definitely more of a coat.

    ReplyDelete