September 12, 2012

Etoile Isabel Marant Odrys Cardigan


This sweater has been stalking me. First it showed up at Odessa in Portland and promptly sold out in my size (although I was all tied up with Dicker boots and not able to purchase at that time). Then Totokaelo in Seattle received it in two colors and was sold out of both within one day.


I had gotten over it and was almost okay with it when while perusing PopSugar saw a picture of Michelle Williams wearing it at JFK, and then I fell in love all over again.


And have been obsessing about it since then (that was last week). I emailed several boutiques including Misch in Vancouver only to find out that they had sold out but was I interested in the new style in the same intarsia pattern, the Obira. Hmmm, a little too floppy for my taste.


Then two days ago, my friend Roberta over at Camp Comfort blogged about it. And then I knew I'd regret it if I didn't buy it.

Not only is it an amazing intarsia knit but here in Portland, this kind of heavy cardigan functions as a coat for me for more than half of the year.  Luckily, I found one size 34 at Barneys in Chicago yesterday. (yes, only one left nationwide!)

And by the way the pattern comes in two other silhouettes as well:
the Ouda, a crewneck, and the Ojima, a hoody. Both are available at Creatures of Comfort:
the Ouda
the Ojima

If I had endless funds or was a celebrity, I would definitely snap up the crew neck. It looked amazing styled for NYC boutique Maryam Nassir Zadeh as seen on the blog, the marant philes:



2 comments:

  1. i am so glad that you got this sweater - because if you didnt you would regret it. seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ojima cardigan is on sale at Pas De Deux. pasdedeuxny.com

    ReplyDelete