January 9, 2013

Isabel Marant Basley boot

To be honest, I can't quite get on board with these. They are moccasins, which for me had a big moment in 2007-2008 and that was it. Yes they have the hidden wedge, it's true. But for $600 I'd rather buy the Betty or the Bobby sneaker and end the torture. 

These remind me of shoes I'd see when I was a shoe buyer: not a sneaker, not a boot....just a sneaker-boot "hybrid". And using the word hybrid to describe a shoe is never a good thing.


They are already sold out on mytheresa.com and I'm sure la garconne is next, so what do I know? Still I have to say, I love the Jenny boot way more than the Basley and I never pulled the trigger on the Jenny, more because of comfort than anything. Also I kind of have a rule against shoes with tassels. So for me, I think I will pass.  


For those who are so inclined, the Basley is $600 and is available in the camel suede and anthracite suede at most IM stores: including Barneys, Bird, Creatures of Comfort, La Garconne, Diani, Heist, and soon at Odessa in Portland, although only in the camel. La Garconne is also carrying it in white. For what it's worth, I think that in an overall look the anthracite actually looks the best. Then it looks more like a boot and less like a moccasin-sneaker...thing.

2 comments:

  1. love these great boots.
    http://www.sableshades.com/klein/isabelmarantsneakers.htm isabel marant sneakers

    ReplyDelete
  2. o0o0 isabel marant sneakers are fabulous!!!!i need such fabulous style... http://www.misrecaos.com/isabel-marant-sneakers/

    ReplyDelete