January 31, 2013

New kicks: Nike Dunk Sky Hi



Ok so I bought these over 3 months ago but was reminded that I forgot to write about them when I saw a picture of Naomi Watts this weekend running around the farmer's market in LA wearing them. Since she has quite a few pairs of Isabel Marant wedge sneakers, I was more than a little impressed that she went for the Nike Dunk Sky High. It definitely speaks to the power of a sports brand, and Nike kind of originated the high-top. They have been out for a while but only in more crazy, loud styles like Liberty print or the classic dunk color block in shiny leather.  I love that they are simple in design - important for an uber-trendy item - with matte suede in neutral colors. And of course, comfortable! 

They come in three colors: Filbert (tan), Olive and Black. And they all come with an extra set of laces that are tonal, which for me was very important as I don't really like the contrasting laces. I have both the black and the filbert and I wear them with different things. Word on the street is that there are many new versions of the Nike Dunk Sky High coming out for Spring....stay tuned.

Oh and P.S. they are $120, a much easier commitment for this admittedly VERY trendy item than the $600+ price tag on the IM kicks. (Though I still covet them. Still.)

On sale at Nike and Barneys (who knew!) among tons of other places.
Naomi Watts in LA

Filbert (tan) with blue-purple laces
My black ones with pink-purple laces and also with tonal ones.
Olive with red laces


No comments:

Post a Comment