March 5, 2013

Isabel Marant FW 2013


I know there has been some differing opinions over Isabel Marant's fall/winter collection that debuted a couple days ago at Paris Fashion Week. I just wanted to go on record saying I loved it. And for the first time in many seasons, I won't have to worry about looking like an LA fashion victim in certain pieces. Because honestly in some of these cowgirl getups, that has been my fear. I aspire to her Francophone chic; the main reason I have loved Isabel for many, many years. And in her past few collections, overall the prints and cuts have been amazing. However with this collection I am very much looking forward this fall to clean lines, drape-y sheer fabrics, comfy leggings, sexy cutouts and overall monochromatic colors.  I loved that she mixed navy with black, which is one of my favorite combinations and definitely very French. And she kept a lot of the studs, in the jackets, and sparkles, on the skinny scarves, which are both Americana-enough for that customer wanting that LA look. And keeps the stuff from looking too boring.
Here are a couple of my favorite runway shots. The coats were also amazingly simple:



And did I mention I love love love the boots? In the black with or without pony hair, yes please.



Also IM did a great interview with Elle where she explains her inspiration for this collection -- basically to look chic in bad weather, if I may paraphrase. You can read the whole article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment