April 23, 2013

Ace & Jig: clothes-stalking

Confetti pompom scarf
Just last night I was doing my usual online window-shopping of items that I am currently clothes-stalking. Clothes-stalking is a one of my favorite activities of late. So say I see something on a blog or a store's website or Pinterest and then right away put it on a short mental list, that usually isn't longer than 4 or 5 items, of items that I plan on buying. On average I'd say I end up purchasing around 20% or less of these items. Very often they get bumped off the list by a newer piece I've seen, especially if they fall in the same category - black sandal, striped dress, No.6 clog, etc. Or I just enjoy going back to the same site over and over to see if they still have my size and then very often I become extremely bummed out when my size does in fact sell out. The irony of this of course being that I had every opportunity (10-20 usually) to in fact order it and be the owner of that oh so wonderful wardrobe-completely piece.

Ace & Jig rouge Camden cardi
so after a friend mentioned she'd just ordered the great red check Camden cardi featured in last week's post about the A detacher sandals, I suddenly had Ace & Jig on my radar. I knew of it before but I think the clothes don't necessarily translate so well online and so I kind of brushed over it before. Cotton gauze-y made-in-India fabrics are hard to gauge without seeing them in person.  I have realized though that I wear the cotton pieces in my wardrobe about twice as often as the silk ones. Silk easily stains, must be dry-cleaned and is just in general a pain in the ass when one spends most of their time with the pre-school set, as I do. So with that in mind, enough talk, here are the Ace & Jig items that I am officially stalking as well as some others I like thrown in for good measure:
Confetti button back shirt 
rouge Boardwalk dress
Isle skirt in confetti
Jardin top
Pop rolled tee
Ink Duo racerback
Henley Dunes dress
Confetti jumpall
Ace & Jig is also available at Madewell and Anthropologie.





No comments:

Post a Comment