April 15, 2013

More Summer Sandals - A Détacher



So adding on to my buckle theme from the other day, I knew there was one other one I was forgetting about. Luckily, I remembered! A Détacher makes some amazing shoes and they are usually a little too complicated on the wearability scale for me but they remind me of old-school (real) Helmut Lang looks from back in the day.  However this season they seem way more wearable. And there is one such sandal with a large buckle on it, reminiscent of a belt buckle a la the whole "buckle trend" i was talking about last week, and it comes in many different amalgamations. My favorite is the highsmith. I like it probably because it's the most simple of all of them but I like how simple it is and how it sort of looks like a belt remade on your foot.



Creatures of Comfort are the only ones carrying the simple black leather t-strap version. Most all other stores only have the simple t-strap in silver, including Mohawk general store whose lookbook pictures I included above. Doesn't the silver look amazing how they styled it?

the Highsmith in black
The Coyne with a suede knot
A little out there but the sandals have a box heel that is so on trend right now (all the Brit girls are wearing it) and I think the knot version, while less wearable for sure, is very sexy. Especially if you wear the higher heel version.

There is another color in the Coyne - the knot version - that is silver with a tan suede knot and doesn't have the white rubber on the bottom (not a fan of that.) It was in the runway show at NYFW and is available here. Okay, stop the bus. THAT one is my favorite. Why more stores don't have that color I have no idea? (Also note the "socks". Sort of a half-tube mesh thing. Una in Portland is carrying them.)

The Coyne in tan/blue
A sportier version - called the Sherman
A high version of the Coyne - called the Hesse. This one is fun.
And last but certainly not least is the crazy platform Geisha version, called the Linn. (buy it here.)


All of them are in the $400 price range, unfortunately for me. No less beautiful though.

No comments:

Post a Comment